The vision of the Yoga in Healthcare Alliance (YIHA) is to promote health and wellbeing by making yoga more accessible. By initially collaborating with the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) and supporting their unique position as a public health service, our aim is to create a successful model that can be used to help integrate yoga into additional health care systems throughout the world.
We are committed to
1. Promoting dialogue between all schools of yoga to offer a unified yet diverse vision of yoga’s role in health care.
2. Raising international awareness of the mental and physical health benefits of yoga by disseminating research evidence.
3. Empowering individuals to take active roles in maintaining and restoring their own health through yoga.
4. Providing guidance regarding which types of yoga are supported by evidence (systematic reviews of randomised control trials) and for which ailments.
5. Communicating and collaborating on the drafting of health care policy in conjunction with interested providers.
6. Increasing accessibility to yoga for all populations.