WELCOME TO YOGA IN HEALTH CARE ALLIANCE
- The Yoga In Healthcare Alliance (YIHA) is a UK-registered charity (1190806 England and Wales; SC051785 Scotland) dedicated to integrating the benefits of evidence-based yoga into healthcare.
- YIHA works with the NHS to support patients at risk of chronic illness to help them make lifestyle changes by developing a personalised toolkit of mind-body practices.
- YIHA was commissioned by the NHS to create the 10-week Yoga4Health social prescribing programme, which is delivered by over 425 Yoga4Health teachers in the UK and abroad and is accredited by the Personalised Care Institute.
- We also offer the Yoga4NHS staff wellbeing programme which is accredited by the Royal College of GPs.
- YIHA is home to a growing number of yoga teachers who wish to be associated with our mission, and with health rather than sport.
- We provide a full professional framework of policies, and Covid guidance. Click on the Join Us tab for more details about the benefits of membership and how you can get teaching insurance via YIHA
The Yoga in Health Care Alliance was commissioned to create a 10 week yoga programme for the NHS West London Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). The Yoga4Health programme is now offered to NHS patients nationally. Find your local teacher
HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
We offer training, information, and collaboration for health care professionals who would like to integrate yoga into their work or service.
If you are a yoga teacher who already uses yoga in a health care setting or would like to undertake professional development training to deliver the YIHA Yoga4Health Social Prescribing Prototocol, we’d love to connect with you.
Discover our professional trainings and courses
We work to
YIHA Policies and Accounts
We are aligned to the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine, sharing a common goal in the promotion of healthier lifestyles for all
To view the latest YIHA Charity Accounts Click Here YIHA accounts 22-23 FINAL